Friday, December 12, 2008

Overpriced Athletes

This is getting ridiculous...How many people will spend 161 million dollars in their lifetime...NO ONE!!! What happened to playing the sport for enjoyment, because it was fun... I look at pro athletes nowadays and get disgusted. They always hold out for more money even if it is just a few extra bucks...Where is the loyalty, instead of staying and playing in front of their home town where they are loved they leave for an extra 2 million dollars...One quote that i particularly like is by Ron Artest, he said, "14 million dollars, how am I supposed to feed my family on 14 million dollars?!". To me this is pathetic, if an average household can support a family of five on a 50,000 dollar a year budget, his way overpriced contract can support him just fine. My friend and I broke down C.C. Sabathia's contract and we figured out that he gets paid close to 7,800 a pitch if he pitches every five days, and throws 100 pitches per game...In our struggling economy, one player representative said, "We don't have a struggling economy, this is just a hoax that managers made up so they can pay our players less money". Than he went on to call the managers and gm's cheap bast***s. This is why I support athletes such as Grady Sizemore, Dustin Pedroia, and Kevin Youkliss, they give the city they love a discount that way they can continue to enjoy their life and have fun. In my mind, overpriced athletes are ruining the sports I love and making it more about them instead of the game.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. And that Ron Artest comment: one of the many reasons that I dislike him. Arrogance.

    ReplyDelete